OpenStack has experienced blinding success over the past year, with many developers, sysadmins and companies participating in its ecosystem. Gluster has been working with the OpenStack community to determine the largest pain points with OpenStack. Recently we released code to address some of these pain points and bring about the following benefits:
1. Live migration of VMs with no disruption to users, increasing business continuity and disaster recovery
2. Boot VMs using a mountable filesystem interface
3. Instantly switch from one VM to another
4. Resume VMs on another hypervisor
5. Movement of VMs between clouds
6. SWIFT and S3-compatible interface to GlusterFS.
These contributions to the OpenStack community will help bring about cloud federation and the - until now - unrealized dream of the open cloud. All of Gluster and OpenStack code is open source. This talk will feature code examples and demos of use.